Phase 2: 2018 Transformation Summit
Friday, April 20, 2018
10:00 am - 3:00 pm EST
Embassy Suites Dublin
5100 Upper Metro Pl. Dublin, OH 43017
The 2018 Transformation Summit builds on the site visit experience through a single-day highly interactive and participatory event where agency providers work directly with transformation subject matter experts (SMEs) and connect with agency peers to continue the conversations and planning processes. Facilitators will help guide the work for the day while participants engage in small group work and exercises specifically designed to help develop, refine, and assess current practices and offerings and move forward with their own systems change process. Morning coffee and a working lunch are provided to help fuel the conversations, discussions, and planning.
The goal of the summit is to help participants address their current questions and challenges with SMEs and their peers, continue to revise and refine their current plan(s), and conclude the day with a concrete set of action steps and tasks they can use to drive their continued efforts in systems transformation. DODD support personnel will provide continued guidance and assistance after the formal conclusion of the summit through group and individual email communications, conference calls, and webinars. Participants are strongly encouraged to continue the connections and conversations with SMEs and their peers to help build a statewide community of support for ongoing systems transformation.
Who Should Attend
DODD certified agency providers who are authorized to provide the following services: vocational habilitation, adult day supports, career planning, group employment supports, and individual employment supports.
Outline at minimum three agency goals to start the process to build and/or expand community-based services. This work will tie in these concepts: person-centered planning, outcome-based services, HCBS settings rule, Employment First, and community/life engagement.
Summit participants will be assigned to one of five Target Areas:
- Service Innovation
How to Participate
- Identify 2 members of your agency to attend the 2018 Transformation Summit.
- Complete the online registration form
- Note: You will need to create and/or log in with an OCALI Pass to complete your registration. OCALI Pass is a free online user account that provides access to professional development opportunities such as the 2018 Transformation Summit.
Preparation for the 2018 Transformation Summit
- Gather all of your agency information (i.e. mission/vision, strategic plan, current data, assessments, transformation plan, etc.) as well as short- and long-term goals/objectives.
- Draft a list of issues/challenges/questions to discuss or share during the summit. Use the guiding question, "What does our agency need to know or find out to move forward with our work?"
- Review the online profiles of the At-A-Glance provider agencies to refresh your understanding or to identify additional programs to connect with during the 2018 Transformation Summit.
- Note: You may receive advance reading materials/assignments from your facilitator. Please review and complete prior to arriving at the Transformation Summit.
What to Bring to the 2018 Transformation Summit
- Agency documentation (i.e. mission/vision, strategic plan, current data, etc.)
- Notes and/or summary report from site visit(s)
- Additional supporting resources (i.e. articles, books, worksheets, etc.)
- Laptop computer or tablet
- Dress comfortably and come prepared for a full day of thinking, discussion, and writing
What’s Included in the 2018 Transformation Summit
- Morning coffee/continental breakfast
- Flip charts, pens, markers, Post-It notes, and other office supplies
- Wi-Fi connectivity
|9:00 - 10:00||Registration/Continental Breakfast|
|10:00 - 10:15||Welcome|
|10:15 - 12:00||Part I - Model Review, Discussion and Resource Sharing|
|12:00 - 1:00||Working Lunch (Lunch is provided)|
|1:00 - 3:00||Part II - Facilitated Goal Setting|
Registration for the 2018 Transformation Summit closed on April 5, 2018.
Contact Laura Sfikas | P: 614.410.1009