Provider Transformation TA Opportunity
Next month, the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) will launch their new Provider Transformation Manual Webinar Series. This highly specialized training is targeted to providers who were not available to receive technical assistance (TA) through EFSLMP Core State funding. Since TA resources were limited this year, ODEP is offering a free six-webinar series that will run from May through August 2017. To participate in this Webinar Series, organizations must be able to:
- commit to having at least one staff person participate in all six webinars;
- read each module "assignment" in the Pilot Provider Transformation Manual before each scheduled webinar on that topic; and
- provide feedback at the end of each webinar on the usefulness of the material, as well as feedback on how the manual could be improved.
For the Pilot Provider Transformation Manual, as well as detailed information on webinar schedule, topics, facilitators and commitment forms see attached docs.
Important Dates to Remember
- Provider Orientation will commence on May 4, 2017, 1-2:30 ET.
- Provider Commitment Forms must be submitted to EconSys no later than 1 p.m. ET on April 28, 2017
- Provider Transformation Manual CoP Commitment Form
- ODEP’s Pilot Provider Transformation Manual - Webinar Series Overview
WIOA Section 511 Employment First Taskforce Joint Guidance
Section 511 of the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) applies to youth 24 years old or younger and is intended to ensure youth with disabilities have every opportunity to pursue competitive, integrated employment.
Section 511 outlines a series of steps to be completed prior to payment of subminimum wage. This provision of the Act became effective on July 22 of this year.
It is understandable that these changes have prompted many questions about how this new process will be completed and documented. The Employment First Taskforce agencies, including Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD), and the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, understand their systems play a role in providing supports and services that empower youth to choose and succeed in competitive, integrated employment. The Taskforce agencies jointly developed policy guidance to ensure compliance with Section 511, in alignment with Ohio’s Employment First Policy.
This guidance will reflect Ohio’s priorities, including:
- The expectation that youth with disabilities should have opportunities to pursue competitive, integrated employment, and employment must be considered in every person-centered plan;
- Person-centered planning is key to effective services and supports and should ensure a balance of what is important to and for a person, and
- Services should take place in the most integrated setting, and be appropriate to the individual’s identified goals and outcomes